On May 13, 350 Sacramento will host a Community Forum: Leading the Way to Carbon Zero, to explore paths to achieving carbon zero in the Sacramento region. The keynote will be Alex Steffen, author of Carbon Zero: Imagining Cities that Can Save the Planet.
This is the biggest challenge of our lifetime!! We need to speed up the transition from fossil fuels to a sustainable future. With a federal government actively hostile to the climate, the real action is now at the local level. Cities are where innovation and creativity can make a huge difference, transforming urban landscapes into low-carbon highly desirable communities. Sacramento, the capital of California, can be a leader in this exciting and ambitious effort. Come to this Community Forum and learn how we can get the carbon out and create a thriving Sacramento region. Register today!!
What: Community Forum: Leading the Way to Carbon Zero
When: Saturday, May 13, 9:00am–3:00pm
Where: McGeorge School of Law Lecture Hall, 3227 5th Ave, Sac
Who: Public, students, professionals, decisionmakers—all are welcome
Cost: Recommended: $10 – $25 general; $10 students (includes lunch). No one turned away for lack of funds.
• Opening by Sacramento’s Mayor Darrell Steinberg.
• Keynote by renowned visionary Alex Steffen, author of Carbon Zero: Imagining Cities That Can Save the Planet.
• Presentations to explore realistic paths to carbon zero.
• Interactive focus groups to discuss where we go from here.
• A delicious lunch provided by the Sacramento Natural Food Coop.
• Bicycle valet parking so you can leave your car at home.
Please register today to help us plan. Cost is a sliding scale ($10–$25) based on what you can afford. Lunch is included. Scholarships are available; no one will be turned away for lack of funds.
McGeorge School of Law
3227 5th Ave
Sacramento, CA 95817
View Campus Map