350 Sacramento is a volunteer-led organization focused on climate justice, seeking staff to support our passionate volunteers. We aim to employ a distributed leadership model, where staff, board, and volunteers discuss and decide the best ways to collaboratively achieve organizational goals and objectives, and volunteer teams are empowered to make decisions that align with our mission, vision, and organizational principles. We seek people who want to build a just and equitable climate movement, and who will work collaboratively with volunteers, other organizations, and local agencies to grow our collective power and capacity.
Part-time position, limited-term ~ 9 months
$20 - $22 per hour depending on experience, ~20 hours per week
We seek self-motivated individuals who:
- Work independently and collaboratively with minimal to no supervision, and can complete complex tasks in a timely manner
- Are flexible in the face of shifting and cycling priorities, and can communicate effectively to ensure work continues to progress
- Are dedicated to building an equitable and inclusive climate movement, are driven to empower others in their own leadership, and are excited to be challenged and continue to learn
This position has a flexible work schedule, and will regularly require working some nights and weekends, as needed.
- Staff are expected to develop and document workflows, standard operating procedures, and step-by-step guides to tasks that can be used to train and support volunteers
- Staff are expected to build and support teams from our growing volunteer base to undertake organizational tasks, and be responsible for ensuring tasks are completed if volunteers are not able to complete them
- Staff will embody our organizational principles, support organizational goals and implement our strategic plan.
The Community Organizer will oversee the tasks outlined below, and additional tasks as determined by the staff team as needed.
Program Management Tasks
- Implement DIY Air Filters Supplemental Environmental Project, including coordinating community air filter building workshops, education, procurement of materials, and working closely with collaborating partners to distribute completed air filters among identified communities.
- Implementation of a community activist training program, consisting of monthly training series in collaboration with several other community organizations. Tasks include outreach and recruitment to the program, scheduling and coordinating training materials and instruction, delivering training in coordination with partners and volunteers, and program evaluation and reporting.
- Assist 350 Sacramento Program Director with the implementation of the Student Environmental Activist Training Program in accordance with specifics of several grants, including coaching interns and implementation of summer camps.
- Support 350 Sacramento’s advocacy, including assisting in developing materials and talking points for hearings and events, recruiting and training volunteers to participate in decision-making at the city, county, and occasionally at the state level.
- Support volunteer-led community events like movie nights, community education events such as talk or speaker series, climate coffees, and other bonding activities to ensure a regular presence of community building spaces within the organization.
Employees are entitled to all federal and state observed paid holidays and a flexible work schedule that can accommodate pre-approved vacations. This part-time position does not include health or retirement benefits.
Payment is scheduled biweekly, with an expectation of 40 hours worked per payment period (2 weeks).
If you or someone you may know is interested, please email a resume and brief statement of interest in this position with the position title in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will begin reviewing applications and scheduling interviews on or before Aug 30, 2022. The position will remain open until a qualified candidate has been determined and selected.
Program Director | Focus: Youth Program |
B.S. in Environmental Studies, background in restoration ecology. I got involved with 350 Sacramento as I was concluding my degree at Sac State in 2019 and have been involved ever since; first as a volunteer, then as a Board member for 6 months, and now as staff since June 2020! Outside of community organizing and environmental/climate justice work I enjoy rock climbing and biking.
Development & Administrative Director | Focus: Fundraising |
Roula holds a certificate in Fundraising and Development from UC Davis. She is passionate about climate change because she believes knowledge is power! Climate change caused by human activities is the most significant driver of observed climate change. We all must do our part in making our region the leader in climate action for future generations! Please join us in this fight and help us make an even greater impact together!
Communications & Volunteer Coordinator | Focus: Supporting volunteer teams and events |
Joyti is a User Experience/User Interface Design student with a background in event planning and marketing and a B.S. in Business Administration. She recently joined 350 and is excited to be part of the local climate advocacy movement. In her free time, she enjoys running, traveling, and spending time outdoors.