Take action together.
Let's be honest - it's not easy solving the climate crisis. So we need all the help we can get. And we want to make sure you get to help in a way that works best for you.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
We have a few events coming up where we could greatly use your help!
Air Filters Project Team
Help your local community create their own DIY air filters to improve the air quality of their homes (multiple dates).
- Materials Coordinator: Help transport materials on-site
- Event Facilitator: Help individuals build air filters and provide help as needed from
- Translators (any language is great!)
Ode to Earth Event
We will be hosting a community event with local artists and musicians and will need a lot of hands for help. Here are some opportunities for you to get involved!
- Event Promoter: Invite local performing artists to apply to perform
- Silent Auction Manager: Table and handle merchandise and swag sales
- Organization Merchandise Sales Coordinator: Check in guests as they arrive
- Attendees Check-in & Registrations: Manage planning and execution of the auction including procurement of auction items
- In-Kind Donations Coordinator: Participate in local business outreach for in-kind donation requests
- Social Media Manager: Develop, Coordinate, and execute a marketing campaign
Here's a list of roles our current team's need support with!
Marketing Compliance Team
We are looking to establish a small marketing compliance team that can help with the review and approval of marketing collateral, ensuring compliance with legal, regulatory, and branding guidelines, creating system checklists and documentation, and supporting other projects as requested by leadership.
If you are from a marketing or advertising background and have experience with campaign execution, and compliance/QA creative review. We would love your help!
- Content Creator: Creating flyers for social media channels (FB, IG, LinkedIn, Twitter) on Canva and blog posts for the website
- TikTok Content Creator: Creating TikTok videos and helping 350 Sac raise awareness and engage new members on the issues of climate change and climate action happening locally
- Social Media Manager: Managing all social media platforms - IG, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter and coordinating with teams to post content in a timely manner
- Email Marketing Manager: Created e-blasts to communicate the latest news, direct action, and updates to members
- Newsletter Curator: Collaborating with Leadership Council to create a bi-monthly newsletter with a summary of events and news
- Blog Curator: Creating and posting blog content on the website
Advocate: As an Advocate Volunteer part of the Electrification Team you will push Sac County to adopt a new electrification ordinance, talk to the county board of supervisor meetings, and/or attend talks to stand up for climate action.
Plastics and Waste Reduction Team
Local Business Outreach Volunteer: If you want to reduce waste in your neighborhood and help businesses cut costs on takeout containers, cups, bags, etc., and resulting toxic mess that facilities can't sort, ending up in our air, water, landfills, then we want to hear from you.
- We're looking for you to get in touch with your local businesses, get permission to post a "BYO" sticker to let customers know they accept clean refillable containers, and
- snap a good photo of the establishment which shows the sticker/flyer/BYO emblem
- Extra credit: photo of BYO container moment at the establishment and promotion on Instagram.
Commitment: get 3-5 businesses to post BYO sticker (provided), take photo of each for social media promo. 3-5 hours/month or up to you! There might be an opportunity to customize the sticker design for your neighborhood. For more info, get in touch and see also https://www.
Current Volunteer Teams
|Arts and Events||Help make our events successful by putting your organizing and artistic talents to work for the climate.||Click here!|
|CAP Team||Working with County and City staff to create robust Climate Action Plans that address the true scope of the Climate Emergency.||Click here!|
|Climate Coffee||A monthly casual meetup to make friends and talk about climate issues.||Click here!|
|Climate Implementation||We’re leading a campaign to make the Climate Commission recommendations happen quickly!! Includes electrification, slow streets, and much more.||Click here!|
|Climate Report Radio||Weekly radio show on Wednesday, 12 noon, on accesssacramento.org. Looking for new hosts!||Click here!|
|Communications/Outreach||We need social media and e-blast wizards!||Click here!|
|Fundraising Team||We need event organizers, helpers, idea people, logistics help, and grant writers!||Click here!|
|Gratitude / Kindness Committee||We help donors and volunteers feel appreciated!||Click here!|
|Labor||Workers lead the transition to an equitable fossil-free future and a Green New Deal!||Click here!|
|Legislative Team||Follow and advocate for climate-related bills in the State Legislature and Congress!||Click here!|
|Movie nights||Grab some popcorn and help organize monthly climate-related film screenings. Recommendations welcome!||Click here!|
|Plastics||We're campaigning to reduce plastic use in Sacramento!||Click here!|
|SMUD Watch||Partnering with SMUD in their efforts to achieve zero carbon by 2030.||Click here!|
|Student Environmental Activist Training program||Gearing up young people to become the next generation of climate champions!||Click here!|
|Volunteer Power Hour||Power hours are hour-long meetings where we build community and take action!||Click here!|
|Website Team||We need blog content! And if you're interested in learning how to manage a WordPress site, this is also the right place!||Click here!|